Vak International offers both quantitative and qualitative research services, as well as training in research and evaluation methodology. We can help at any point in the formal research process:
- the development of a cogent research question
- identification of data sources (such as existing databases)
- design of the research protocol
- development of data collection instruments (such as surveys)
- actual data collection
- creation of data files, using SPSS, SAS, Xcel or other platforms
- the drafting of an analytical plan
- the performing of statistical analyses
- interpretation of those analyses
- the communication of results in the form of reports, peer reviewed papers and presentations
Our qualitative services include:
- focus group participant recruitment
- the running of focus groups
- interviewing key informants
- qualitative data analysis
We have experience in providing research assistance in a variety of domains, including international health, communicable disease, mental health, health policy, human rights, environmental health, population studies and clinical epidemiology.
Some of Vak's endeavours include:
- The creation of systematic reviews on behalf of an agency of Canadian federal government on the topic of the efficacy of certain pharmaceuticals as prophylaxes against avian flu.
- Analysis of survey data from East Africa, to determine the effectiveness of media campaigns in increasing public knowledge of HIV prevention.
- Qualitative interviews with Canadian physicians to determine attitudes surrounding online medical education.
- For Canadian government, the analysis of survey data to determine public attitudes concerning drug safety.